The CAA with Croatian experience will enhance international aviation standards
Skopje, 28th November 2019
European Union Integration Facility 2015
“Support for participation in the ECAA – European common aviation area”
MK 15 IPA TR 01 19 TWL
A kick-off conference for the EU funded Twinning Light project “Support for participation in the ECAA – European Common Aviation Area”, which is being implemented by Croatian Civil Aviation Agency and the Civil Aviation Agency of the Republic of North Macedonia as twinning partner, was held today on the premises of the Hilton Hotel in Skopje. The conference was attended by high representatives of the EU, Croatian and North Macedonian public administrations.
Twinning is a European Union instrument for institutional cooperation between Public Administrations of EU Member States and of beneficiary or partner countries. The project started on November 1, 2019 and it will last 8+3 months. Its main goal is to support the sustainable development of civil aviation in the Republic of North Macedonia in accordance with the international standards and EU acquis in the field of aviation. The project is funded by the European Union. Croatian Civil Aviation Agency (CAA) was awarded 250 000 EUR from the EU funds for implementation of the Twinning Light project in the Republic of North Macedonia.
The specific objective is to strengthen the international aviation standards in the Republic of North Macedonia through legislative approximation and improve the institutional capacity and technical competences of the Civil Aviation Agency of the Republic of North Macedonia in line with the EU acquis in the field of aviation and the EU policy of creating a European Common Aviation Area.
Mr Goran Sugareski, Minister of Transport and Communications in the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia highlighted the importance of creating a modern, safe, secure, and European profiled Macedonian aviation, accessible for all on equal terms. Also, he thanked the EU for project support.
Mr Nicola Bertolini, Head of Cooperation in the EU Delegation to the Republic of North Macedonia addressed the participants on behalf of the EU which provided the funds for implementation of this important project.
Mr.Tomislav Mihotić, State Secretary, Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Croatia stated that through the instrument of Twinning, Republic of Croatia now has the possibility to directly share the knowledge and experience gained through implementation and harmonisation of EU acquis, given the recent experience of accession negotiations with European union and the accession procedure in general.
The Beneficiary Country Project Leader Ms Maja Vaskova and the Member State Project Leader Mr Zlatko Širac presented the realisation plan for all three components:
– The regulatory framework for the application of the applicable standards in the area of flight operations, airworthiness, personnel licencing and aerodromes is harmonized with International Civil Aviation Organization and EU acquis;
– The operational capacity of the CAA for implementation of EU Regulations in the field of airworthiness, personnel licencing, flight operations and aerodromes strengthened by developing relevant working procedures and guidance materials;
– The technical capacity of managers, inspectors and administrative staff is strengthened to meet the ICAO and EU safety requirements.
At the end of the Conference, the Director General of the CAA Mr Tomislav Tuntev talked about expectations and foreseen results of the Beneficiary Country. Also, Mr Tuntev stressed that he and all the employees of the Civil Aviation Agency will remain dedicated and consistent to their vision and mission regarding the profiling and implementation of an integrated, safe, orderly, efficient and environmentally sustainable civil aviation available to all on equal terms.
- 09.05. Aviation safety promotion
- 29.10. Harmonized legislation with EU Regulations in the field of aviation and improved operational and technical capacity of the Civil Aviation Agency of Republic of North Macedonia – this is the result of the implementation of the Twinning Light project “Support for participation in the ECAA – European Common Aviation Area”
- 14.11. CAA became a member of JARUS
- 14.11. CAA visit BHDCA
- 14.11. Promotional flight Dubai
- 14.11. MACEDONIANS OVERLY EUROPEANS
- 14.11. Attention
- 09.11. Kurban Bajrami
- 28.10. Certificate of Gratitude